Thursday, May 31, 2007

Lord of the Flies #7

are there are any current situations in the world that relate to the novel? what are they, and how do they relate? does the novel shed any light on how current situations could be resolved or "fixed"?

I think the violation among the students at schools is very related to this novel. I kept thinking about the scene where Simon is killed by the evil people trying to tell them the messages. Simon realized that there are beasts inside of the people. Nowadays, the students are getting more wicked and mean. The students try to do whatever they want to do, even though it's not what the students should do. Also the boys are going more into the dangers and chaos, which is very sad. The boys never listen to anyone. When the other boys kill Piggy and destroy the conch shell, Ralph flees from Jack’s tribe and encounters the naval officer on the beach.The falling action makes the novel to shed some light. When I was reading this book, I felt weird and sad several times. Each time the boys are trying to bother the others and kill them, I felt stupid and awful. I wanted to go into the book and fix the situation. In Korea, lots of schools are making laws and rules so that they can protect their students well. But in the book, there is no protection for those who already died. I really hoped them to live.
Overall, I liked the story because it made me to think once more and think of the world first.

1 comment:

Stephanie Chun said...

I agree that boys being violent and teenagers these days being violent are similar. But I guess we should be aware that student violence are being done under regulations, which means students are being violent though there are restrictions, while the boys in Lord of Flies are acting violent because there are no restrictions. I wonder how violent the students (these days) would become if they are left in the place where there are no restrictions......