Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Question 5

are there any settings in this novel which you have found to be beautiful? or disturbing? or memorable? describe these settings and comment on why they were meaningful to you.
When Julia, the dark-haired girl, gives a note to Winston that says "I love you", I felt it was very beautiful. Even though the relationship doesn't last for a long time, the moment when the two man and woman understand each other, my heart started to pump so quickly because I love that kind of event. But when they fights and when their relationship becomes weaker and was broken, I felt seriously furious and anxious like when I read the part when O'Brien betrays Winston and take him to the Ministry of Love. Also when there were brainwashing and torturing to Winston, I wanted to make O'Brien stop doing that to Winston. Although it was just a fiction, it made me angry. Moreover, I felt pity on Winston, because of his dream about the rats;O'Brien straps a cage full of rats onto Winston's head and prepares to allow the rats to eat his face. When I read about the dream, it was cruel and weird, but it was very memorable and special.

1 comment:

African Globe Trotters. said...

Betrayal is the hardest thing to deal with in a relationship and so it makes it hard to read in a book. Mrs.Mc.